[mythtv-users] Debian Install Question

Scott Martin smartin at steamvalve.com
Wed Nov 29 02:17:34 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have come close to having a running a combo FE/BE mythtv on my Dell
box but am now confused. I was able to run mythtv-setup originally but
cannot anymore because It takes me back to a login screen.

Heres what I have: Dell E510 P4 3.2 Ghz
1 Gig Memory
250 GB HD
Nvidia GeForce 7300LE w/1.0-9629 driver

Running Debian SID with KDE Frontend.

Before all this started, I was unable for the frontend to connect to mysql.

One Debian question I must ask is can I safely run dselect to upgrade
packages without breaking things. for some reason mythweb will not upgrade?

I am tempted to wipe the disk clean and start over again

Any thoughts on whre to start looking?

Thanks
Scott Martin