[mythtv-users] An option for watching tv

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Wed Nov 29 01:41:11 UTC 2006

devsk wrote:
> why do I need two programs to basically do two things which are so
> related to one another: watch tv and record shows. livetv doesn't need
> to hang just because I ran out of space.

Not to be rude, but your question is the equivalent of, "I want to drive
a semi truck to work instead of a car, but it won't fit in my garage.
What should I do?"  Your choices are basically either to drive something
else, or get a bigger garage.  MythTV is designed to record, and 4 GB
probably isn't enough disk space for it to do its thing.  Your choices
are going to be to either use a different program, or get more disk
space.  Either one is fairly inexpensive, these days.