[mythtv-users] An option for watching tv

devsk funtoos at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 29 01:14:58 UTC 2006

but why? it should be fairly easily be possible with mythtv. xawtv doesn't work for my card, but that's besides the point. I had problems with mythtv initially and I tried all programs present in gentoo portage for watching tv. None worked. mythtv finally worked with a trick that I got from pvrusb2 howto.

why do I need two programs to basically do two things which are so related to one another: watch tv and record shows. livetv doesn't need to hang just because I ran out of space.