[mythtv-users] OT: Filesystems for recordings

Allan Wilson allanwilson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 22:28:44 UTC 2006

On 11/28/06, Brett Kosinski <fancypantalons at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Yes. :)  I think this will be committed in the next couple days unless
> > something major pops up.  I'm running the latest patch on my production
> > system in full debug mode so I can look for anything out of the ordinary
> > during tonight's fairly full recording schedule.
>

> Wow, this sounds really fantastic... but I can only assume this is going
> into the 0.21 dev branch, correct?
>
> Brett.

That is awesome thanks for all the hard work I know that everyone will
really use this feature. Between the multiple directories and the
incremental deletes it takes all the work away from using such large files
and file systems and also keeps you from loosing all your data due to a
filesystem crash. I am always amazed at how quickly open source projects are
able to with features such as this. I'll keep an eye out for when this goes
live and in the mean time go ahead and setup my system with the appropriate
directories to take advantage of this feature.

Allan