[mythtv-users] "Interlace" problems

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Nov 28 21:16:16 UTC 2006

On Nov 28, 2006, at 1:13 PM, Søren M. Olesen wrote:

> I think I understand the Interlace problems, and by applying the
> libmpeg filter to MythTV playback I've been able to get a good
> picture.
>
> Often however I'd want to transfer my recording to another device
> (just tried Windows Media Player and XBMC) and neither can playback
> my recordings in an acceptable quality, so I'm still wondering if
> something is wrong.....
>
> What do other people do ?? are they using MythTv as the only
> playback device??
>
> Regards,
>
> Søren

Yes, most people use the Myth Frontend to view recordings. However,
there are de-interlacers available for most video playback
applications. I use VLC and Quicktime for playback. Someone else here
mentioned that Windows Media Player will de-interlace but I don't
have any experience with that player.