[mythtv-users] OT: Filesystems for recordings

Allan Wilson allanwilson at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 19:10:33 UTC 2006

Since backups where brought up do most users backup their recordings and
video. I am recording a lot of hidef and it takes up about 800GB right now.
I haven't been backing it up because the space is so large and the
recordings change pretty frequently. I took the approach that it is just TV
and I could live without it in case of a crash. Are most people doing
backups using something like rsync or do most people live dangerously
without backups? Just trying to get a feel for what everyone else is doing.