[mythtv-users] Mythweb streaming link problem

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Nov 28 17:56:37 UTC 2006

Ken Mandelberg wrote:
> Now that I get the correct link, I have a usage question with firefox. I
> can manually "copy link" from firefox and paste it into one of
> xine/vlc/mplayer to view the stream. However, if I just click on it,
> even if firefox knows the application that goes with video/mpeg it wants
> to download the entire mpeg file before invoking the player. Is there a
> way to get firefox just to pass the link to the player?

Not that I know of, unless you want to configure it as a plugin.   I'm
eventually going to add a "stream download" option that grabs an asx
file or something similar, which would do this.  However, it means
figuring out how to get around authentication issues, which I wasn't
quite ready to do yet.

-Chris