[mythtv-users] Which repo's version of faad2, libmp4v2 should be used?

Gerald Schepens schepens at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 28 16:21:38 UTC 2006

I use myth from rpm packages, specifically from the atrpms repo, which I
restrict to only the myth packages and other things required by myth (in
general, I try to restrict it as much as I can).  The faad2 packages and
the libmp4v2 package exist on three different repos, each with different
contents.  I had been using livna's faad2, but it causes a problem with
recent mythmusic versions (missing libmp4ff.so.0, a mythmusic
requirement).  It also exists on atrpms as well as freshmeat.  The one I
am currently using, from freshmeat, satisfies the package requirements
for mythtv-suite.

I don't want any base FC6 packages clobbered, altered, etc. which is my
reason for including only the packages required for myth from atrpms.
atrpms has a reputation for not playing very nicely with the core Fedora
packages, which gives many headaches on upgrades.

So, all that said, where is the recommended place for getting the faad2
package in a form that will work with mythtv and play nice with fc6?

Thanks,

Gerald Schepens