[mythtv-users] streaming MPEG-2: best solution?

Cole Brodine cbrodine at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 15:21:56 UTC 2006

If you want a "Universal Solution" you can always try the "Playing
Recordings on Windows from MythWeb" (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Play_Recordings_On_Windows_From_MythWeb
)

I don't really recommend that though.  I'd just download the MythPlayer.
It's much more featureful and is really small.  There's pretty much zero
install time.  You just unzip it, edit the "config.xml" file with your
backend's IP address and start watching recordings.  It doesn't work in
Linux, but you're going to have a hard time finding many "Universal"
solutions.

If you switch to Linux at a later time, I'd have to again recommend just
installing the frontend.  It is still the best solution for watching MythTV
recordings on a networked Linux box.

Hope that helps.

Cole