[mythtv-users] Any poing in going from 3000+ to 3400+ Seperon

Ben Edwards funkytwig at gmail.com
Tue Nov 28 09:01:38 UTC 2006

> It's called 'Sempron', and I don't think you will notice any difference.
> This article shows about a 5% speedup between the 3100+ and the 3400+ on
> most benchmarks: http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/200
> Measurable, but not noticable ;)
> You don't say what motherboard you have, but some Athlon64 processors
> are available as socket 754. You might want to doublecheck whether those
> would work in your motherboard.

My motherboard will support Athlon64 but don't think they are still
being made.  I was thinking of looking for a used one.  Need to look
into how mutch faster Athlon64 are.

Ta,
Ben

Ben Edwards - Brussels & Bristol, UK, England
If you have a problem emailing me use
http://www.gurtlush.org.uk/profiles.php?uid=4
(email address this email is sent from may be defunct)