[mythtv-users] Mythphone Disconnects After a Few Seconds.

Calin Brabandt cbrabandt at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 27 18:08:34 UTC 2006

I picked up a Logitech Quickcam Deluxe to checkout
Mythphone.  I'm using Myth from a recent 0.20 Mythtv
rpm from atrpms on FC5.

I signed up for FWD and dialed the 613 test number.
Mythphone connects for a few seconds and I hear the
start of message and my loopbacked voice and then it
hangs up.  The larger the audio buffer, the longer the
audio plays.  0ms buffer results in nearly instant
disconnect whereas the maximum 300ms results in about
three seconds of audio, typically.  Audio + video
calls result in the same disconnect.  I've tried all
the supported codecs.

I know my NAT routing is working because I installed
Twinkle (audio only) and Ekiga (audio + video) and
they both function correctly using the same ports.

I prefer the Mythphone user interface to the others so
I'd like to get it working.  Has anyone on the list
encountered similar problems?  Any ideas?
Thanks,

-Cal