[mythtv-users] Grey OSD and XvMC on a NVidia 7300

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Mon Nov 27 17:02:01 UTC 2006

On Nov 27, 2006, at 8:44 AM, Jake Thompson wrote:

> So, the wiki http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/
> XvMC#Greyscale_OSD_.28NVidia_4_.26_5.29
> states that the hack to get color OSD working is not available on
> the 7300.  Does anyone know if it can be done, and if not could
> someone explain what the limitation is and why it cannot be worked
> around/with.
>
> Thanks,
> Jake

nvidia changed the way textures are rendered on the 6x and 7x cards
from the 5x cards. Someone would need to implement the OSD using the
new method in order to get color overlays to work. I seem to remember
there was a proof of concept for this working, but I haven't heard
anything lately on the subject. Bigger fish to fry, I guess.