[mythtv-users] MythTV on TV

jdobry at centrum.cz jdobry at centrum.cz
Mon Nov 27 14:36:22 UTC 2006

Hello All,

I want tu use MythTV on "normal" TV (not computer monitor, not HDMI). I setup VGA->RGB-SCART converter and picture is briliant (compare to PAL from analog TV broadcast).

Buth I have problem  with MythTV navigation. Problem is that TV have "cropped" parts on each sides. And I have 2 choices:

1) set up it for mythTV navigation. Nice, but normal TV source need reduce resolution, have wrong aspect and mainly it have black arrea around picture. Its looking strange on normal TV

2) setup bigger picture than TV screen. Picture from broadsast is close to picture from normal TV tunner. screen is litle bit cropped. But MythTV navigation items is too close to borders and I can see only part.

Exist some "Theme" for mythTV without navigations near to borders?

Jiri