[mythtv-users] using MythTV with dialup

Jon Bishop jon.the.wise at gmail.com
Mon Nov 27 05:54:19 UTC 2006

This may not be the solution you're looking for, but I have a windows
computer set up with internet connection sharing enabled, and plugged
into a wireless router. I've turned the router off, so it's just a
hub/access point, and set windows to dail on demand. Any time anyone
in the house wants internet, they just load the thing they're going
to use, and the windows computer connects... it's a very unelegant
solution to a very ugly problem (only having access to dailup or them
stupid overpriced sattelites) but it works.

~Jon