[mythtv-users] FREEBOX encoder makes mythbackend crash

Andreas Lorensen andlo at sodemark.dk
Sun Nov 26 13:03:10 UTC 2006

Just installed mythtv as I was so happy reading about the FREEBOX
encoder could managed rtsp streams.

But so sad - I cant get it work -

The status from the mythweb reports no encoders, and the status in the
mythfrontend gets the mythbackend to crash whith this log event:

2006-11-26 14:03:48.227 MainServer: HandleRemoteEncoder(cmd GET_STATE)
Unknown encoder: 1, exiting

If trying to watch TV the mythfrontend says "MythTV is already using all
available inputs for the channel you selected...."

I've been searching for nearly everything for what is wrong in my setup,
but cant's find anything except for at patch that isnt in the 0.20 as
nobody thaut it was needed.

I've also removed and inserted any capturecard (I dont have any "real"
capture card - just wanted to use rtsp)

I really hope that somebody can help me.

/Andreas