[mythtv-users] query speedup?

Mr. Myth mythtv at blandford.net
Sun Nov 26 11:18:57 UTC 2006

Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Where can I find tips to speed up the database of MythTV?
> MySQL takes 90+ seconds to list Recorded programs in MythWeb. (only 92
> programs from 1 channel)
> The machine is ~50% idle during the query.
> How can I find out why this query takes so much time?

Have you looked in the mythbackend.log for errors while you use mythweb?

I had an issue once where there were shows in the database but no actual
files in the recordings directory.  It made mythweb run incredibly slow
while it repeatedly tried to open the files to generate thumbnails for them.

Michael