[mythtv-users] Still scratching my head over xvmc

Drew Bernat abernat at zathras.net
Sun Nov 26 04:29:23 UTC 2006

On Nov 25, 2006, at 10:21 PM, Kevin Kuphal wrote:

> Kurt Yoder wrote:
>> Myth is definitely set to use xvmc, but when I press the "i" key
>> during playback I see a blue box with a red border at the top right
>> of the screen. If I press it again, I see a blue trapezoid with an
>> upper left red box on the lower portion of the screen. Since I hear
>> I'm supposed to see a grey box instead, I take it this means xvmc is
>> not enabled after all?
>>
> Correct.  The OSD will be black and white, not color, when XvMC is
> working.  Unfortunately I don't have any other suggestions other than
> what is in the wiki

I have a system similar to yours, but with a 6150 on-board video. I
have XvMC running (grey box). File contents:

BABCOM ~ # cat /etc/X11/XvMCConfig
/usr/lib64/libXvMCNVIDIA_dynamic.so.1

Note that this is an AMD-64 machine. MythTV is compiled to use XvMC,
and I've selected XvMC under playback in the MythTV options.

However...

It does no good. When I'm playing video files, there are frequent
pauses as the video skips and the audio tries to catch up. This is
with HD - SD works just fine. :/

Drew

--
Drew Bernat