[mythtv-users] Stuttering SELECT button on mythfrontend xbox

Monkey Pet monkeypet at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 00:41:02 UTC 2006

I am running mythtv frontend 0.20 on a xbox.  When I press the "SELECT" on
the remote control, it causes two events to be generated.  I have commented
out the SELECT line in the lircrc config file, but something else seems to
be sending the event to X.  I am not sure who is generating the extra
event.  Does anyone else have any guesses?  I have checked to make sure
irxevent isn't running and isn't mentioned in the RC file and removed all
instances of the SELECT button from the file as well.  With this done, I see
that the SELECT button still generates one event, but I don't know what
program is receiving and processing the SELECT button to send a RETURN to
the frontend.  I don't think it has anything to do with the repeat option in
the RC file either.  How can I troubleshoot this further?  Thx