[mythtv-users] xbmc and mythtv

casey dunn casey.dunn at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 23:47:21 UTC 2006

On 11/25/06, Bill Bradley <williambradley at gmail.com> wrote:

> Guillaume,
>
> Give xbmcmythtv a try.  Its a set of python scripts that will provide you
> will the ability to watch recording, livetv, schedule, etc.

Only if the recordings are mpeg2, if the OP is having trouble playing his
recordings they're transcoded and for that he needs a patched
mplayer.dllwith nupple container support.  If you can't find it at the
xmbcmythtv
mailing list I have an old one that might work I could e-mail you.

I use smb and the mythrename.pl script for my recordings.  I don't use the
mythtv transcode.  Instead I use ffmpeg in a user job and transcode
everything to ntsc-svcd.  Good quality on my SD tv and I don't have any
bandwith issues (802.11g).