[mythtv-users] Problems with NetFlix

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sat Nov 25 22:29:16 UTC 2006

On Nov 25, 2006, at 2:11 PM, Jimbo wrote:

>> OK.  I installed libwww-perl and all its dependencies (your trick
>> didn't
>> work, so I downloaded and installed each one from CPAN), and now, I
>> don't get the error any more.  Thanks for the help there.
>>
>> However, instead of an error, now I get nothing.  Any further
>> thoughts?   What is supposed to happen when I select a movie on the
>> Netflix screen?
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> ICMan.
>
> I've honestly never used the NetFlixx functionality so I'm not really
> sure what is supposed to happen.  It is a possibility that the feature
> is no longer working.  Perhaps someone who knows for certain will come
> along and shed some light for the both of us.

When selecting it, it used to add the movie to the list. however,
there was no visual feedback that it was happening. At some point I
believe NetFlix changed the calls they make to add movies to a queue
and it stopped working. It still works for seeing what is in your
queue which is what I use it for so I never bothered looking into why
it wasn't adding to the queue any more.