[mythtv-users] Puzzled by seektables.

Davide Chiarini davide.chiarini at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 17:03:58 UTC 2006

2006/11/12, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>:
> At this point, it's sounding like you may be having database access
> issues.  Are you sure both the frontend and the backend are using the
> same database?  I've heard of people having a local MySQL running on a
> remote frontend as well as the backend.  In that situation, unless you
> configure Myth correctly, first, it will configure itself to look at the
> local MySQL, so you'd end up with two databases.

I think I've checked everything about this and it should be fine.
After all, the remote backend can play recordings just fine, so it
shouldn't have problems accessing the database.

> If that's not the case, perhaps it has to do with the hostname.  Perhaps
> you're running a combined frontend/backend with different users running
> frontend and backend and the two users have different mysql.txt files
> (in ~/.mythtv/, I think).

I've just been through all the tables in the database and made sure
that the only two hostnames that appear are the server's and the
frontend's.

The crazy thing is that when looking at the recorded programs list on
the frontend, files that have had their commercials flagged display
the $$ icon right. I've mythcommflagged --rebuild all of my
recordings, and the data is there (in recorded and recordedseek).
I've digged a bit into the code and I think that there's something
preventing the hasFullPositionMap variable to be set correctly.

> If not, I'm out of ideas.
Me neither... thanks anyway for all your help.
Right now I'm giving up.

ciao
davide