[mythtv-users] Plextor PVR Device?

Dale E. Martin dale at the-martins.org
Sat Nov 25 13:37:25 UTC 2006

> The picture quality is okay ... but definitely lower quality than my
> 350. It is comparable to my old VHS vcr.

Increase the bitrate and the quality can be quite good.  With the default
settings the quality was not that good, I agree.  I've got my defaults
cranked up to where I don't generally notice any quality issues (only with
extreme motion for example) and my recordings are taking up about 930
megabytes/hour.  How does that compare with your recordings from your 350?

I've got a backend system that is an Athlon XP 2100+ with two Plextor
tuners on it.  It can record two streams simultaneously and the CPU usage
never goes above 25%.  I believe most of that is due to the mp3 encoding
settings that I have enabled - I've got it set to do high quality audio by
default.

Hope this helps,
  Dale
Dale E. Martin - dale at the-martins.org