[mythtv-users] Mythtv Compilation

John jharitos at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 25 01:23:32 UTC 2006

Do you have Qmake installed and did you follow the
setps in the install docs?

Mandriva
The following instructions work for Mandriva using
bash as the shell, and may be applicable for a
distribution which uses /etc/profile.d.

 NOTE: Mandriva 10 installs a /etc/profile.d/qtdir3.sh
file, but it doesn't include the addition of the PATH
variable. If you're running Mandriva 10, don't create
a mythtv.sh file as detailed below; edit the qtdir3.sh
file and add the PATH statement within the if / fi
block. As root, create the following file in
/etc/profile.d The example filename is "mythtv.sh".
Use what you feel is appropriate.

Open a shell, and switch to superuser mode.

 NOTE: ^D means press CTRL and d at the same time.

$ su
# cd /etc/profile.d
cat > mythtv.sh
export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt3
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/lib/qt3/bin
^D

# chmod a+x mythtv.sh
# exit
$ exit

_________________
Hello,

I'm a novice on Linux and I would like to install
Mythtv. I used the last
Mandriva version and I have a problem.

When I compile Mythtv with this command "./configure"
, Mythtv return me
this error :" Cannot execute
/USR/bin/././USR/Lib/Qt3/bin/Multimarch-x86_64-linux/qmake
"

Do you know this problem ?

Best regards,

Wilfried