[mythtv-users] mythcommflag and mythtranscode in the frontend package? (was Re: gui and unwanted plugins)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Nov 24 22:57:17 UTC 2006

On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 05:15:07PM -0500, Boleslaw Ciesielski wrote:
> On a related subject, I noticed that mythcommflag and mythtranscode are
> part of the atrpms mythtv-frontend package. Shouldn't they rather be in
> the mythtv-backend package (or even in a separate package, together with
> mythjobqueue)?

There was a thread on that a month or so ago on mythtv-dev, but it
fainted out, feel free to revive it. I think it belongs there as the
devs have the better insight of the architecture. FWIW both
mythcommflag and mythtranscode are only referenced in the frontend,
e.g. these are not really performed on the backend. But I may also be
quite off, corrections are welcome.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net