[mythtv-users] Why is MythTV recording shows I just watch?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Nov 24 19:52:42 UTC 2006

On 11/24/2006 01:55 PM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
>  On Nov 24, 2006, at 8:41 AM, Udo van den Heuvel wrote:
>
> > Robin Hill wrote:

> >> There isn't anything to fix - this is how it's supposed to work.
> >> Anything you watch through Myth is recorded - it's put into a
> >> special group in the Watch Recordings section (not shown normally
> >> - there's a config option to toggle this though) and set to
> >> expire first (either as needed or after a day by default IIRC).
> >>
> > Indeed. After some watching and looking through logs I see this
> > behaviour. I am only at 18% of the storage and MythTV already
> > starts to expire. Is there a menu option to delay the expire
> > someway or do I need to go into the database?
> >
>  You can opt to keep LiveTV for up to 5 days or move it from the
>  LiveTV group to any other group so it doesn't expire with LiveTV
>  recordings.

Brad's "3" and "6" keys must have been sticking because his "up to" said
"5" instead of "365"...  ;)

In mythfrontend settings, General, page 2 "General (AutoExpire)":

LiveTV recordings Max Age
AutoExpire will force expiration of LiveTV recordings when they are this
many days old.  LiveTV recordings may also be expired early if necessary
to free up disk space.

Mike