[mythtv-users] Plextor PVR Device?

jdonohue654-mythtv at yahoo.com jdonohue654-mythtv at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 24 18:04:51 UTC 2006

> Does anyone have the ConvertX PVR card from Plextor
working with
> IVTV/MythTV?  If so, how is the recording quality?

> http://www.plextor.com/english/products/TV402U.htm

I'm using one. The linux driver are at
http://oss.wischip.com/.

The picture quality is okay ... but definitely lower
quality than my 350. It is comparable to my old VHS
vcr.

As far as I can see, it will only record MPEG4 in
myth, though the hardware itself is capable of MPEG2.

(Also, the response from Plextor support was downright
hostile / rude / ignorant when I asked where I might
find the linux drivers. http://oss.wischip.com
appeared to have been offline for a few weeks when I
first got the hardware).