[mythtv-users] Burning DVD with MythArchive

jim scott jimdscott at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 14:17:47 UTC 2006

You can change the max bitrate allowed by mplex with -r.

So adding something like -r 15000 might fix the mplex problem. However, this
would likely result in an unplayable DVD. You might want to try writing a
'long play' DVD. This would make a copy of your input video at a relatively
low bitrate.

On 11/24/06, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:

> I looked at mythburn.py and I looked at the switches
> > set and the mplex command switches are:
> >
> > -f 8 -v 0 -o
> >
> > Is the 8 where the bitrate is set or am I totally
> > missing what's going on?
> >

> 8 is to output in a dvd compatible format. Here are the choices:
>
>  0  - Generic MPEG1.  A simple general-purpose MPEG1 format primarily
> suitable for software decoders.  Buffer sizes and VBR must be specified.
> Bit-rate can be auto-detected.
> 1 - VCD.  Standard VCD.  Overrides other option settings.
> 2 - User VCD.  VCD format but buffer size, bit rate and VBR can be set
> manually.
> 3 - Generic MPEG2.  Like 0 except MPEG2.
> 4 - SVCD.  Standard SVCD.  Overrides other option settings.
> 5 - User-rate SVCD.  SVCD format but buffer size bit rate and VBR can be
> set.
> 6 - VCD Stills stream (mixed mode with hi-res and standard-res image
> streams       multiplexed are supported).
> 7 - SVCD Stills stream.
> 8 - DVD (with NAV sectors). Don't get too excited.  This is really a
>      very minimal mux format.  It includes empty versions of the peculiar
>      VOBU start sectors DVD VOB's include.  This is enough to persuade
> some
>      hardware players to play the stream but is a long way from full DVD
> authoring.
> 9 - DVD.  As above but without the empty VOBU sectors.
>

> I do not think any of these will help. You are working with HD video
> correct?
>
> John

http://ThreeWayNews.blogspot.com
Your source. For everything. Really.