[mythtv-users] Audio from SAA7134

Andrew Osborn aosborn at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 13:09:01 UTC 2006

Hello All,

Has anyone had problems getting an SAA7134 TV Tuner card working? Mine
is not being detected as an audio device, and I'm not sure what steps
I have to go through to get it in the audio device list. The card is a
Compro VideoMate TV Gold Plus which uses the SAA7134 driver (I use: #
modprobe saa7134 card=41 tuner=17).

Currently my video works perfect but I get no audio from television.

I rule out my sound card and the line-in/out settings by plugging my
speakers direcly into the line-out of the tuner. I used to do that on
my last card and it would have sound, just the preproccessed sound so
it's 2 seconds lagged.