[mythtv-users] System Locking Up; seeing "TFW, Error: Write() -- IOBOUND"

Derek Battams derek at battams.ca
Fri Nov 24 07:43:02 UTC 2006

Running a recent SVN build, and a day and a half ago my system just started
locking up.  The last thing I see in the logs is:

2006-11-22 20:07:43.558 TFW, Error: Write() -- IOBOUND begin cnt(2048)
free(1751)

It seems to be happening only when recording two shows at once or during a
commflag or transcode job.  I checked the archives and I saw some references
to problems with fragmentation of the recording partition, but seemed to be
related to ReiserFS filesystems.  My recording partition is XFS.
Regardless, I ran xfs_fsr on the partition, but it's not helping at all.
Basically, my system locks hard everytime I try to record two things
simultaneously or run commflag or transcode jobs.  However, today I recorded
the football game for 3.5 hours and it ran fine, but then while attempting
to record two shows at the same time tonight, it locked up.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Derek