[mythtv-users] M2NPV-VM mobo fixed?

Adrian Mandy jatmandy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 18:16:31 UTC 2006

I just upgraded my myth system to 0.20 and this new Asus m2npv-vm
motherboard. It looked like an awesome motherboard but I had some problems
initially, quirky things were happening with video, sound and the nic. I did
lots of searches on the myth list but couldn't find anyone with a solution.
So I am posting my solution so others can benefit. Apparently the audio and
nic have irq conflicts. The solution is to add this line:
options disable_msi=1
to the audio section of your
/etc/modprobe.conf
I'm not sure what this does or what it actually disables but there was some
talk on the kernel lists of disabling it by default in the 2.6.19 kernel.

All the quirks seem to be gone after this one change, it boots faster and
has been rock solid for 48 hours (crossing my fingers).

My system is fc5 ala Jarod's guide with a pvr500 and a pvr250. XvMC appears
to be working although I'm not certain, my cpu never gets above 14% when
watching a recording, and I haven't ventured into HD yet.