[mythtv-users] **BETA** theme available

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 14:32:08 UTC 2006

On 11/23/06, Justin Hornsby <justin.hornsby at gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay...
>
> First of all, screenshots are now up here:
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/justin.hornsby2/comingsoon/
>
> Secondly, if you're running SVN and you're seeing segfaults it's
> undoubtedly because I've not (yet) included a new theme element
> (ticket 11705).  This will probably also be true of ProjectGrayhem &
> ProjectGrayhem-wide, those will be fixed later.

Interesting note: ProjectGrayhem-wide works fine, it's just Blootube
that crashes.

> Thirdly, _please_ email me screenshots of issues if you can.  Frankly,
> saying "this bit is slightly off" isn't much for me to go on,
> especially since to my eyes all the screens which get the most amount
> of use already look fine on my box (running at 1280x720, 100 DPI with
> the correct font installed).  When all you've been looking at for the
> last 2 or 3 weeks is this theme, it's harder to see problems.

I'll have to use the ol' digital camera for this. I'll email you off
list with them a little later.

> I don't yet have any plans to make a 4:3 version of this theme, but I
> may be swayed by demand once this theme is properly finished.
>
> As for the watermarks... I'm sure many people will appreciate how
> tricky it is to represent abstract concepts pictorially.  The 'watch
> recordings' and 'manage recordings' watermarks have been giving me a
> little bit of a quandary.  Remember this is a beta ;)

This I understand. What online sources are you using for copyfree
images? perhaps I can go through and see if I can come up with
anything to replace the generic HDD screens. I agree with the other
poster, the record player is awesome to see =)

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!