[mythtv-users] TV card suitable for a mini-PCI?

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 12:05:01 UTC 2006

On 23/11/06, Alex Walker <alex at x3ja.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 11:29:56AM +0000, David Watkins wrote:
> > I recently bought a Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T USB.  It's external
> > obviously rather than PCI, but it works well with Freeview and I think
> > it was less than £50.
>
> > It has the IR reciever built in, which means you can't hide it away
> > (unless you want to get clever with mirrors) but it actually looks a
> > bit more professional than the IR dongle that comes with the 150.
>
> So how does this remote work with mythtv?  Does the remote control the
> mythv stuff in the computer and everything then?  Or does it just do the
> on-screen functions of the Nova-T box and you need a separate remote for
> mythtv functions?
>
> Just don't want to end up with 5 remotes like I have now... :)

I've only got 1 remote now  :-)

It's a multifunction one.  One function for controlling the TV and
another function for mythtv which gives me:

mythtv
music
DVD
video file playback
and photogallery
(+ other stuff I don't use)

Basically you control the mythtv programme and it handles the tuner.
The Ir receiver in the tuner simply relays remote commands to the
linux user interface where they are captured by mythtv (or any other
programme that you may want to use).