[mythtv-users] TV card suitable for a mini-PCI?

Alex Walker alex at x3ja.co.uk
Thu Nov 23 10:59:04 UTC 2006

On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 04:16:16PM -0700, Brian Wood wrote:

> On Nov 22, 2006, at 4:03 PM, Alex Walker wrote:
> > To clarify a couple of points, in case anyone else has pearls of
> > wisdom
> > on this:
> > - I'm in the UK, so would need something that would cope with our
> > digital stuff over here
> > - It's mini-PCI as in low profile PCI, not PCMCIA like in a
> > laptop.  Not
> > quite sure what the official terminology is for these things.
> >
> > Anyway, think I'll put the PVR-150 on my Christmas list :)  £50 seems
> > reasonable for it.
> >

> Mini PCI is not Low-Profile PCI. The latter fits in a standard PCI
> slot but has a lower height than most cards.
>
> Mini PCI goes into a small slot close in size to an SODIMM slot, not
> a PCI slot.

Thanks, I got confused, I do mean low profile :)

> No PVR-150, of any type, can deal with digital stuff you would find
> in the UK.

Oh, that surprises me, on the hauppauge website it suggests the PVR-150
does PAL, so I assumed this would be OK for UK digital... but looking
closer, it says "Included in this package: ... Analogue TV tuner" not
digital...

OK.  So now what card can I get in Low Profile that WILL do digital TV
in the UK?

Thanks again!
Alex

--
Randomly generated quote:
This system will self-destruct in five minutes.