[mythtv-users] pchdtv 5500 stutters during playback

Kurt Yoder ktymyth at yoderhome.com
Thu Nov 23 05:39:09 UTC 2006

Hi all

So I got my pchdtv 5500 working, but playing output from it seems to
blow away my myth machine. It hovers at 80-95% cpu usage, and a uses
a significant chunk of memory. Frequently it crashes the whole myth
front-end. Output is choppy with lots of missed frames and stuttering
sound. Am I doing this right? What should I do to fix this?

Hardware:

I forgot CPU exactly, but dmesg reports "CPU0: AMD Athlon(tm) 64
Processor 3000+ stepping 02"

video card: nVidia Corporation NV44 [GeForce 6200 TurboCache(TM)]

memory 1 GB ddr (forgot speed)

motherboard I forgot, though I know it's based on nvidia's nforce
chipset

Software:

myth 0.20
linux kernel 2.6.17
dvb drivers downloaded from pchdtv site

I think xvmc is enabled; I'm using the Debian packages, which were
configured with xvmc enabled. I enabled xvmc during myth setup.

--

Kurt Yoder
http://yoderhome.com