[mythtv-users] I bought a pcHDTV 5500, now what?

Derek Tattersall tatters at newsguy.com
Thu Nov 23 02:52:17 UTC 2006

I just installed a pcHDTV 5500 in my pc, and it seems to be sort of
working. I am running a 2.6.18 kernel on a fedora fc5 box, and the
drivers identified the card and loaded properly, I think. I went and got
the latest version of dvb-apps and ran the dvbscan utility with the
us-Cable-Standard-center-frequencies-QAM256 channel file.

However, when I run the dvbscan utility, it doesn't give me any channel
identifiers. The channels.conf file that I generated has a couple
hundred lines like this, without any channel ids:

[000-000b]:561000000:QAM_256:0:94:11
[001-000c]:561000000:QAM_256:0:97:12
[002-0012]:561000000:QAM_256:0:92:18
[003-0015]:561000000:QAM_256:68:69:21

I tried a few of these entries using the azap utility and mplayer, and
was able to get a signal on a couple of them, and there was no decodable
output on some others.

How do I figure out what cable channels go with which entries in the
channels.conf file?

I have Time Warner cable in the Greensboro NC region.

Thanks
--
Derek Tattersall
lizzard at newsguy.com