[mythtv-users] Weird one..mythbackend-dvb interferes with my ethernet

Rene Bartsch ML at Bartschnet.de
Wed Nov 22 23:00:04 UTC 2006

> OK, I have everything in good shape, audio, video etc..but I am having one
> issue that I am unable to resolve.  My system is running fc6 86_64, mythtv
> from atrpms, for my tuner card I am using an air2pc card.  The problem
> presents itself when I start the mythbackend, which i assume loads the dvb
> card (b2c2-flexi-cop-pci), it loads it as an ethernet card at least that
> what modprobe.conf says.  Well when I start the backend I have issues
> pinging the host (lots of timeouts) from another PC, however myth works
> just
> fine and I am able to ping from the console of the system, its pretty
> strange, but as soon as I stop the backend everything clears up.  Any
> suggestions on debugging or maybe sugesstions to try would be greatly
> appreciated.  So close to putting in my av rack but I need reliable remote
> access...thanks.

Did you check for IRQ conflicts? DVB card cause heavy IRQ load and in case
your network card shares the IRQ with the DVB card latency could be
increased a lot - up to packet loss ...

Renne