[mythtv-users] [OT] Xorg EPIA 1000M

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Nov 22 19:46:19 UTC 2006

Razza wrote:
>> Not sure if this is your problem but have a look in the BIOS settings.
>>
>> Under 'Advanced Chipset Features' there's a setting for
>> 'Display Out' or somesuch.  Try fiddling with that.  Mine is
>> set to TV and I seem to remember that I had to change it to
>> that from the default, to get X to start.
>
> Sorry I should mention I'm using the VGA port not the S-Vid/Composite
> ports.
> Cheers.

You need to set the BIOS to output to both 'CRT' and 'TV'.
You need to tell X to do the same (my prior post).
You will only get TV output from the S-Vid Composite ports, that it,
NTSC or PAL as set). The VGA port is meant to feed ...(duh) a monitor.

Sounds like you have been trying to count apples with a box of oranges..

G.
.