[mythtv-users] zap2it not working for OTA digital listings

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Wed Nov 22 18:21:06 UTC 2006

jafa wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I know there have been several threads on this topic with lots of
>>> information but I still can't get anything to work.
>>>
>>> Most of the information has been from this thread:
>>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/236492#236492
>>>
>>> 1) Clean starting point: delete all channels in zap2it and in MythTV
>>> BTW - MythTV is SVN trunk as of the weekend.
>>>
>>> 2) I ran a channel scan in mythtv-setup. It finds all my usual OTA channels.
>>>
>>> 3) I enabled channel 56 = KTUVDT in zap2it.
>>>
>>> 4) I renamed channel 2.1 KTUV-HD to KTUVDT in the channel editor.
>>>
>>> 5) I did a "get channels from listing".
>>>
>>> 6) Running mythfilldatabase reports not adding channel KTUVDT
>>>
>>> 7) The channel editor shows the XMLID as blank.
>>>
>>> 8) MythTV has no guide data for channel 2.1.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>

>> I had to add the xmlid's for each channel.
>>
>> (KTVUDT is 19571 for my area)
>>
> What is the best way to determine the xmlids?
>
> BTW - Is this considered a critical must-fix-and-release-0.21-early bug?
> or are there not that many people using ATSC and zap2it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Nick

Nick, I used zap2it (www.zap2it.com, not labs.zap2it.com) and then
selected the listings for my postal code (ZIP for you). I selected 'All
listings' and then search for the channel name. When you find it, hover
the mouse over the station call sign (this works in Firefox, not sure
about IE) and the xmltvid is stnNum in the URL. For example WTVSDT for
me is:

http://tvlistings5.zap2it.com/tvlistings/GridAction.do?method=getSingleStation&stnNum=25512&lineupId=000XXXX:X&zipcode=XXXX&channel=162

So the xmltvid is 25512.

HTH