[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase and hughes satellite internet

Allan Strand stranda at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 15:36:38 UTC 2006

Hi All,

I'm having the following problem with myth 0.19 and just now 0.2 on
an Ubuntu Dapper system.  My internet  is through a Hughes Direcway
satellite connection.  It has worked well since I set it up in May of
this year.  I've been using datadirect provided by zap2it for
programming

It appears that mythfilldatabase quit downloading data for me over
the last couple of weeks.  The typical error it throws is:

======begin error ========
--10:26:53--  http://datadirect.webservices.zap2it.com/tvlistings/
xtvdService
            => `-'
Resolving datadirect.webservices.zap2it.com... 206.18.98.160
Connecting to datadirect.webservices.zap2it.com|206.18.98.160|:80...
connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 401 Unauthorized
Failed writing HTTP request: Bad file descriptor.
Retrying.

--10:27:02--  http://datadirect.webservices.zap2it.com/tvlistings/
xtvdService
   (try: 2) => `-'
Connecting to datadirect.webservices.zap2it.com|206.18.98.160|:80...
connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 401 Unauthorized
Reusing existing connection to datadirect.webservices.zap2it.com:80.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... No data received.
Retrying.
=======end error==========

The 2nd error repeats until timeout on trys.

My zap2it account has not changed, and I'm starting to wonder if this
is an interaction between the satellite connection and wget, but I
really am at a loss as to how to debug it.

So after this exposition, I have several questions:

1) are there known incompatibilities between Direcway and
mythfilldatabase?
2) are there clever command-line or other flags that I can set to
improve my situation?
3) do people have scripts that allows one to download the data on one
machine (say at work) and move (via thumbdrive or other) to another
machine?
4) is there a better suggestion?

thanks,
Allan Strand