[mythtv-users] gui and unwanted plugins

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Wed Nov 22 15:24:29 UTC 2006

Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 09:04:50AM -0600, Anthony Messina wrote:
>> Paul Harrison wrote:

>>> Simply remove the libmythXXX.so file(s) for the plugin(s) you don't want
>>> from /usr/lib/mythtv/plugins where XXX is the name of the plugin.
>> that seems easy enough. did the libmythXXX.so files always belong to the
>> mythtv-frontend package as they appear to do now?
>>
>> ~]# rpm -q --file /usr/lib64/mythtv/plugins/libmythweather.so
>> mythtv-frontend-0.20-146.fc6.at
>
> Oops, no, that's a definite packaging bug. Remove these plugins for
> now and an updated mythtv package set will have this fixed.
>
> That's a side effect of the mythtv & mythplugin merger. During install
> and packaging of mythtv the mythplugins already exist and directories
> and wildcarding picks up too much now.

ok. sound good.  again, thank you very much.  though i don't know you
personally, my experience thus far, is that you're really on top of
things!  let the open source community appreciate that.  have a good day :)

--
Anthony -  http://messinet.com - http://messinet.com/~amessina/gallery
8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E