[mythtv-users] HDTV suggestions - Sharp Aquos?

Jason Pfingstmann jason at pfingstmann.com
Wed Nov 22 14:33:12 UTC 2006

I'm looking to buy an LCD TV for around $1000-$1500.  I have my eye on
the Sharp LC-32D40U.  I know all HDTVs will have overscan, however, I
have heard that this model has an especially large % overcscan which
is hard (if not impossible using normal means) to adjust for.  What
I'm wondering is  if anyone has this model and can verify if this is
really a major issue with this unit, or if I should look into another
model?

Also, since I haven't bought it yet, does anyone have a great looking
HDTV LCD that they have working really well with MythTV that is about
32" or so and not too terribly expensive?  Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

Jason Pfingstmann