[mythtv-users] Record >1 channel per multiplex?

Dawson, Guy Guy.Dawson at eu.sony.com
Wed Nov 22 09:35:21 UTC 2006

> > dvbstream also can use the "magic" pid of 8192 and it will
> capture all
> > datastreams on a particular multiplex.   Then you can use tools to
> > extract the independent streams from the captured transport
> stream.
> > Not sure if its a hack or a neat inclusion in one of the
> video API's
> > that isn't fully documented.   So there is plenty of room for those
> > who are interested in such a feature to do leg work for
> "potential" developers.
> >
> > Craig
> VLC is able to stream several channel from 1 multiplex

I don't believe that actually recording the individual streams would be a huge problem.  As various posters have pointed out, there are any number of pieces of software that will do this.  It seems to me that the issue is that Myth is not so much a piece of software as a complete system.  For example, it would be necessary to figure out how such a change would effect the conflict resolution code in the scheduler.

It remains an attractive proposition,  but as another poster pointed out,  extra cards are easy to fit.

Guy Dawson

The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may be confidential and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s).  Any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited without the express permission of the sender.  The views expressed in this email are those of the individual and not necessarily those of Sony or Sony affiliated companies.  Sony email is for business use only.

This email and any response may be monitored by Sony to be in compliance with Sony’s global policies and standards