[mythtv-users] Record >1 channel per multiplex?

Stuart Auchterlonie stuarta at squashedfrog.net
Tue Nov 21 21:27:17 UTC 2006

On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 11:21:09PM -0500, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 11/20/2006 07:01 PM, Darryl Ross wrote:
> > Stuart Auchterlonie wrote:
> >>
> >> Lets say it takes 1 week to implement (which is on the low side)
> >> That's 40hrs, at minimum wage 5 quid p.h., thats 200 quid.
> >> Additional dvb-t card 40 quid.
> >>
> >> I can buy 5 extra cards for the amount of time it'd take to implement
> >> the feature :)
> > Yeah, but if 10 people are willing to chip in, that's $20 each.
>
> Yeah, but I'd venture a guess that someone with Stuart's
> skills/experience (i.e. Stuart could actually write the fix) isn't
> making minimum wage.

Correct. Another way of looking at it, is that for the amount of
time it would take to implement the feature it isn't worth it
given how cheap the hardware is.

At some point in the future when we've fixed all the other outstanding
issues with myth, and we're extremely bored, it might get done. But for
now i've about 15 other far more useful things to be fixing, in the
limited time I have to work on myth.

Regards,
Stuart