[mythtv-users] This program was previously recorded... but it wasn't!

Jeff Simpson jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu
Tue Nov 21 20:36:20 UTC 2006

So lately myth has been failing to record the things I want to see,
telling me that "This program was previously recorded and is still
available in the list of recordings". This is not true, since these
are new showings, and they are not in the list of recordings.

For example, Heroes last night wasn't going to record, and now House
isn't set to record. I set duplicate check to be 'None", thinking that
it would prevent it from even checking if there was one recorded
already.

While adjusting the settings on MythWeb (changing duplicate check
method and where to check for duplicates), I was able to make it
record. When I change the settings back to what they were initially,
it doesn't disable the recording.

This has happened a few times now, and I'm lost for what it could be.
Maybe my "previously recorded" database is screwy? Anybody know where
I can look in the logs for information? thanks

 - Jeff