[mythtv-users] Watching LiveTV while Recording

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 18:50:46 UTC 2006

On 11/20/06, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> On Nov 20, 2006, at 12:12 PM, Rich West wrote:
>
> > I have what I think might be a "Duh.. I missed that option" kind of
> > question, but, since I couldn't seem to find an answer, I thought I
> > would ask.
> >
> > I have a single BE/FE setup (temporary.. I plan on splitting it and
> > having multiple recorders in the BE.. etc.etc.) with one PVR-150.
> > Now,
> > when the recorder is active and we go to select "Watch TV", it
> > (obviously) complains that there is no available tuner, and, if I
> > wanted
> > to watch what was being recorded, I could go to the recordings page
> > and
> > select the current recording.
> >
> > Is there a way to configure it such that when you select "Watch TV" in
> > this situation that it either immediately bumps you to the
> > "Recordings"
> > page or that it lists out what each of the recorders is doing, giving
> > you the option to jump right to any one of the recorders?
> >
> > -Rich
>
> you can modify the menu xml to take you to the Recordings page. Or
> you can simply remove LiveTV from the menu completely which I've done
> for my daughter since I only want her watching what I've recorded for
> her.

Thats not quite what he's asking. What he's saying is, instead of
giving the error message, to just jump to the recordings screen for
the recording thats currently being recorded.

It would be possible to do this, if someone wrote a patch for it. I
know TiVo would just jump you into the recording at the current time.

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!