[mythtv-users] Problems with HDHomerun

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Tue Nov 21 17:41:34 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-11-21 at 10:13 -0700, news at propixs.com wrote:

> The part that was a pain was when tuning a channel that gave me a blue screen when going back into livetv would tune that same channel that didn't work, so I had to change the channel real fast which would still produce the blue screen (because it was tuning the first channel).  BUT, myth still logged it to the database that the channel changed meaning the next time i started livetv it would go to the next channel that may or may not work.

Ugh, this is what I was hoping to avoid, because I see the same problem:
it tries to tune the same bad channel again and crashes again.

But based on the responses so far, there is no other way. I thought I
must be doing something wrong, but I guess I need to set aside a two
hour or so block of time over the holiday weekend to get through this.

Next: getting OTA to work on the other HDHR tuner. In my area at least,
it appears that almost no HD channels are available with unencrypted
QAM. All I found using my TV's tuner were the local NBC and PBS
affiliates, everything else available is SD. Very disappointing, but
obviously not the fault of Myth or the HDHR. But that's why I have to go
to OTA next.

--Greg