[mythtv-users] Where do slave BE's store their recordings?

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 09:17:21 UTC 2006

Sorry for yet another email!

I am thinking of sharing the load of my BE over two PC's, each being a
dedicated BE device.

I am planning on the master BE having all the storage, however, I am
not sure this is physically possible.

On a normal setup, where the slave BE is powered down when not in use
(if that is a normal setup), where would the slave store its
recordings?

If a recording was stored on the slave BE and a FE wanted to view it,
would the slave get woken to start streaming the recording?

Does all data flow through the master BE?

Is there a good resource of information for slave BE setups?  I looked
on the wiki, but it seems a little bare on the basic info, which is
what I am after.

Cheers,
Whytey