[mythtv-users] Pledge to pay developer who implements multiple channels on a single multiplex

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Tue Nov 21 05:50:35 UTC 2006

This one time, at band camp, Chad wrote:

> Out of curiosity, does this help anyone in the US, or is this purely
> something else?

DVB is the standard used in Europe and much else of the world for
digital TV transmission.  I understand some of the satellite
and cable providers in the US also use DVB.  For those, it would be
useful and relevant.

As for terrestrial digital stuff, I'm not sure if ATSC has a similar
concept but I'd be surprised if it doesn't.

The conceptual changes in the code are likely to also be relevant to
everyone, as I'm sure this won't be the only "demux >1 programme stream
out of a single datastream received on one tuner" issue that we'll see.

I chose Euro as the currency because the majority of people who will
immediately benefit from this change are in Europe.  It's not my home
currency either.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

 "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it,
  he is obligated to do so."
- Thomas Jefferson