[mythtv-users] Switching Providers

Gavin Haslett gavin at nodecaf.net
Tue Nov 21 01:34:18 UTC 2006

Just a quick question, I hope. I am changing from satellite to cable
since I now work for the cable company and get it for free (yay!)
Anyway, I was wondering what I would need to do in order to
successfully migrate to the new service now that I have my digital
box installed.

Already got the IR Blaster... shame the new box doesn't do serial
like my old satellite box but ah well. Anyway, I'm pretty much ready
to go from a hardware perspective, but is there any documentation or
step-by-step for changing providers? Any guidance or gotchas on what
I'm about to do? Generally, how should I proceed?

Also, are my recording schedules going to carry over or will I have
to recreate them? I realize the channel number changes are going to
cause recordings "at this time on this channel" to get dropped, and
thankfully I don't have many of those to recreate... but what about
the "find one instance of this every day" which I have a few of?

Anyway, any input would be handsomely appreciated, and maybe we can
build up a Wiki page on exactly this kind of migration.

Thanks!

Gavin