[mythtv-users] PVR-150 the recommended SD capture card?

Remco Treffkorn remco at rvt.com
Mon Nov 20 20:07:01 UTC 2006

On Monday 20 November 2006 05:56, Brett Kosinski wrote:
> > Just checking in... now that my HD setup works nicely with the
> > HDHomeRun, it is time to get the rest of the channels in SD off of
> > analog cable.
> >
> > Just double checking that the PVR-150 is the current crowd favorite. I
> > love the HDHomeRun from a "don't need drivers" point of view, so if
> > there is something similar to it, I'm all ears.
>
> Well, I went with the 150 and ivtv 0.8.0 over 2.6.18, and it worked
> out-of-the-box for me.  I'd certainly recommend it.
>
> Note, you don't *have* to go right for the latest ivtv, but a) the other
> versions are going to be updated less and less often in the future, and b)
> VBI closed captioning on the 150 only works with 0.8.0.
>
> Brett.

I have the same combination and have two problems.

1. The 'tinny audio' problem. Well known problem and a work-around exists.

2. By default the left audio channel is muted. Some other people have reported
this problem, but it does not seem as wide spread as 1.

Do you have neither of those problems, or did you work around them?
Would be interesting to know if there are PVR-150s that do not exhibit at
least the first bug.

--
Remco Treffkorn (RT445)
HAM DC2XT